JACSW Homepage
                                        Announcements | Calendar | Student Resources | Forms & Registration (Login required)
                                                            Faculty | College Administration | Administrative Units | Faculty Only
                                                                                                Centers | Partnerships | Research Projects | Journals
                                                                                                                              Field Instruction | Field Forms | Events
                                                                                                                    Become Member | Alumni Benefits | News | Contact Info
                                                                  Office of Advancement | Providing Gift | Jane Addams Social Work Annual Fund | Endowed Gifts
Dean Hairston along with scholarship donors and scholarship winner

Jane Addams College of Social Work Annual Fund

What is the Annual Fund?

The Jane Addams College of Social Work benefits from the generosity of alumni and friends who make gifts annually in support of its people and programs.

There are two ways to support the College with an annual gift:

1.) Gifts may be made to the College, itself, through the Annual Fund. Gifts made to this fund are "unrestricted" in that they provide funding for college-wide priorities such as scholarships, faculty recruitment, program initiatives, etc.

2.) Gifts can also be made to specialized funds. For more information on specialized funds, contact Jacquelyn Bonavia, Director of Advancement, at (312) 413-2305 or by email: jbonavia@uic.edu.

A donor who makes annual gifts to either of these types of funds makes a positive impact on the quality of education available at the Jane Addams College of Social Work.

Why is the Annual Fund Important?

The Annual Fund provides the College with a source of unrestricted funds, which means it allows the College the flexibility to meet the changing educational needs of its students. As a current-use fund, monies are usually spent during the year they are donated. The opposite would be endowed funds where only the interest on donations is spent. Endowed funds usually have one donor while an Annual Fund is the pooled generosity of many. That is why every gift is important. The College asks for gifts via letters, student callers, and personal visits.

Can I Support a Specific Fund?

Absolutely! Many alumni and friends choose to designate a gift to an established, specialized fund during the Annual Fund Campaign. Alumni and friends can also create a fund to address a specific need.

How Can I Make a Gift?

The most common ways are a credit card, check, or an electronic funds transfer (EFT). You can also make a gift on-line at here. Checks should be payable to the "University of Illinois Foundation/JACSW," and write the fund name in the memo line (e.g. Annual Fund). For information on stock transfer or other vehicles, contact Jacquelyn Bonavia, Director of Advancement, at (312) 413-2305 or by email: jbonavia@uic.edu.

How Can I Double or Even Triple My Gift?

Hundreds of companies, large, small, local or national, match their employee's charitable donations. This is a great way to increase dollars given to the College. Check with your (or your spouse's) Human Resources Department to find out if your company/organization matches gifts.

Why Does My Check Go to Urbana?

In order to provide you with a tax deduction, gifts should be made to the University of Illinois Foundation. While the Foundation is housed in Urbana, it serves all three Illinois campuses (Chicago, Springfield and Urbana-Champaign).

Still Have Questions about Annual Giving?

The Advancement Office will be happy to answer your questions. Please contact Jacquelyn Bonavia, Director of Advancement, at (312) 413-2305 or by email: jbonavia@uic.edu.